We are looking for friendly, compassionate staff who have a desire to make a difference to the lives of our residents. In this role, you will be assisting and supporting an individual resident on a 1-2-1 basis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To assist with the resident’s care plan, assisting with the resident’s care plan, you will be supervising the resident whilst delivering the highest standards of individual care.
- Ensuring that the resident is treated with respect and dignity and that the individual’s right to independence and choice are met.
- Understanding and complying with requirements such as Health & Safety, SOVA, Fire Safety, COSHH, Infection Control, Food Hygiene, and all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout each shift.
- Participating in the formulation and maintenance of the individual care plan of a resident accurately maintaining & reviewing appropriate records.
- To be involved in liaising with healthcare professionals in relation to the care needs of the resident e.g. GP’s, District Nurses, CPNs, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, etc. whilst liaising closely with the person in charge.
- To always be alert to residents’ physical and mental wellbeing, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to your line manager and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
- Respecting and always maintaining the confidentiality of resident’s personal information, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur throughout the day to daycare.
- Understanding and being patient toward the resident and their needs. Encourage, assist, and support the resident to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social & emotional needs are met.
- Make and change the resident’s bed, tidying the resident’s room, when appropriate to include the resident (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the resident’s personal space is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Serve meals and drinks at mealtimes and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service. To be understanding and sensitive to the need of the resident when assistance or support eating and drinking is required. Provide appropriate support and help.
- To assist in the administration, control and storage of drugs and medicines ensuring strict practices are maintained.
The right candidate will:
- Be responsible and able to use initiative
- Work well within a team
- Have good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Be adaptable to changing dynamics
- Be passionate about delivering first-class care and maintaining a happy environment for the well-being of our residents
For this role, you must:
- Previous of current experience of working in a care environment
- L2/NVQ 2 in Health & Social Care Adults
It is desirable but not essential for candidates to:
- Hold L3/NVQ 3 or equivalent in Health & Social Care Adults
- Have your birthday off on us!
- £200 refer a friend bonus
- £250 welcome bonus
- Pay day advance available
- Vibrant training, development and career prospects
- £100 attendance bonus
- Reimbursed DBS cost
- Subsidised meals
- Employee of the month rewards
- Workplace pension scheme
- Counselling service
Salary – £9.35 per hour
Hours of work – full time, flexible basis
As of 11th November 2021, it is mandatory for all care home staff to be vaccinated against covid-19. Please confirm if you have been vaccinated and the dates of your vaccines.